Welcome

Sometimes we just need a comfortable spot to stop and put up our feet. This is mine. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Idea Thief


So I was teaching a cello lesson the other day when a student's mother pointed out that Ani DeFranco was coming to town. Now, I am not a man-hater, I am merely sceptical about most people. You see, I think about what I'm doing and how I affect other people. When I have something to throw out I think, "Could I recycle this somehow?" I like to reflect on myself to see how I am doing. I've kept journals since the 4th grade. I think it's important to make good eye-contact with one's self. Back to Ani - The title of my blog comes from one of her CD's where she talks about the little fish swimming around and around. Always they are surprised by the little plastic castles. They are too stupid to realize that they keep swimming around in circles. I decided a long time ago not to swim around in circles, and not to let my life be led by what other people think. I'm odd. It's true.

I play the cello, write poetry, love animals, and shy away from anyone who seems to be shut off from their frontal lobe. Someday I want to be a surgeon. Am I smart enough? I guess we'll find out soon enough. . .

No comments: