Welcome

Sometimes we just need a comfortable spot to stop and put up our feet. This is mine. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sleep!


It's been awhile. I've been on some excursions.

I'm learning to write left-handing to improve my motor skills. I'm back to Judaism (just a little vacation, that's all). I've been drawing, learning Hebrew, writing poetry, doting on my ratties, and fixing the plumbing in my sketchily plumbed bathroom. I am unstoppable, or rather, I have insomnia. Oh, and I did have a plumber come and do the scary stuff.

Insomnia is truly evil. I've suffered from it since I was in middle school. The only things I know that really work are writing all of my thoughts to quiet my mind, taking a high-powered prescription sleeping pill, and a glass of wine. I shall be continuing to steps two and three shortly. After four days on less then four hours of sleep, I'm getting loopy.

I need to practice my cello, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. The truly suckiest thing about being an adult is responsibility. I've done laundry, cleaned, washed dishes, gone grocery shopping, tended to my little buddies (the rats). . .all stuff I don't mind, but it eats up all of my time. Sigh.

I apologize for shamelessly laughing at my male colleagues - the water system went down today. I know how to take the thing apart, but my male colleagues wanted a crack at it. They all stood around talking about what needed to be done, which wasn't even close to correct. Then they asked me if I had done some truly stupid things, which I had not, and I suggested to them that I take it apart for them so they could check out the inside. I did this on purpose so I could watch them volley for machismo points. It was priceless. In the end, I put it back together so a technician could come and fix a crack that had developed inside the system. I said that at 10:30 in the morning, but the "boys" figured it out by 4:30 in the afternoon. I was completely ignored. Ach, I still had the satisfaction of being right all along. Now all I need is a pink tool belt. I did call one of them princess. I probably shouldn't have done that. Perhaps with a bit of sleep I'll be nicer and less evil. We shall see.