Welcome

Sometimes we just need a comfortable spot to stop and put up our feet. This is mine. Enjoy.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shabbat Shalom


I'm exhausted, but I wanted to write for a bit. Today was a very stressful day at work. As I've said before, I work for the government doing drug testing and research and development. My job isn't that exciting - I do a huge amount of documentation, but as I say to myself, "If I can be organized enough to do this, I think I can handle anything." It's not a difficult job, just a very stressful one with a lot of responsibility. When mistakes are made people can die. I don't want to be the cause.

However, this is not what I set out to write about. I wanted to write about preparing for the Sabbath. Usually my husband and I are frantically cooking and cleaning and getting ready until the last second - literally. This time he suggested we get everything ready today. Brilliant! Not that we never thought about that, but rather we never tried it.

The best part about it was all the time I spent thinking about how lucky I am to have such a great husband. We are one of those rare couples that really loves, cares about, and respects each other. It is unfortunate that I've never met a couple as happy as we are. Maybe it's because we don't have a TV. I recommend that highly. We actually talk every day.

My husband always treats me like I'm precious, but as most women would agree - when he gets out the vacuum or does the dishes - we (women) are so happy. In 20 minutes we had the house clean and ready to go. Bliss.

The secret to a happy marriage? Choose wisely. I recommend a gentleman scholar. That's what I have. I married the kindest and most intelligent man I could find. Thankfully, he liked me too. How did we meet? That is too good of a story to tack on here. I'll tell that tomorrow. . .

The ice ball is a work of art by Andy Goldsworthy. Check out his work if you've never heard of him. It's really amazing.

2 comments:

Tea N. Crumpet said...

Great advice here! Do you think that your parents had anything to do with how you are turning out?

Unknown said...

Oh boy do I wish I had a happier story to tell. I love and respect my parents, and I think that they did the best they could, considering everything that was going on in their lives. I won't bad-mouth my parents, but I will say that I've done a lot of growing up, and growing through some of the challenges of my upbringing. The healthiest things I did for myself were to face the truth - really look at what had gone on - to accept things for what they were, and to walk away with my head held high. Sometimes we go through the motions, and eventually those motions become habit, and then truth. I've made a new truth for myself.