Welcome

Sometimes we just need a comfortable spot to stop and put up our feet. This is mine. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pumpkin Pie


Random musings -

Today I decided to be the learning tool for a resident. I was so brave, especially considering that I get awfully anxious at the gynecologist. I was trying to give my best tough-girl persona. We made small talk. All was well. Then came time to actually put my feet in said stirrups and get into position. My legs were shaking terribly! I was so embarrassed. Everything went fine, and I really was comfortable emotionally and physically, but apparently my nerves showed. Oh well - I hope he learned something, and I hope he didn't feel too bad about it either.

It was doubly beneficial for him, because I have some mystery health problems that I do need to address. I'll spare you the details. I do have a history of plenty of, um. . ., girl problems. That's a technical answer.

I also carved my pumpkin today (see above picture). It was a lot of fun. I drew on it with wipe-off marker first and then used carving tools and a scalpel. The mouth says, "welcome." It's not the clearest picture. My husband did the little pumpkin. Rather cute if I say so myself.

I accidentally ate a donut today. . .

Also, I have been booze free for fours days and counting. I will only have a beverage on Friday evenings. It's easier than I had feared. Now, if only I could commit to getting some sleep!

2 comments:

Tea N. Crumpet said...

With my pregnancies, I ALWAYS let the interns and residents work on me. I would joke with them that as a former social work intern that I was building up karma for when I returned to college. Besides, if you feel like sharing your body with science, it's a lot easier than donating it!


I totally understand about hating the gyn. There seems to be a psychological game going on about having to get undressed, the way the nurse stares into your face and tells you what to take off. I think that next time I will tell my doctor that I am not comfortable and don't think with my clothes off. Why can't we wear our jeans, then after the top exam, slip out of them and do the lower extremities? It's not about modesty-- it's about personal security.

Tea N. Crumpet said...

Oh, BTW-- I love your pumpkin!